Sunday 2 May 2010

Red-rumped Swallow

A massively rare bird locally. This is only the second record ever and is part of an inlux into the country.

It's a long and painful story. The short version is that this bird turned up at Ferry Meadows yesterday morning but the news only filtered out by early afternoon. It wasn't refound until early evening when I was on the way to an event in Cambridge.

An early start this morning had me searching for nearly three nerve-wracking hours before finally relocating it on Gunwade Lake. A huge relief but an unwelcome effort prior to the long day to come tomorrow. During the search my first Hobby of the year flew through.

I also added Yellow-legged Gull (an adult and immature were present), which I'd probably seen already but had a better look at today.

141 Hobby
142 Red-rumped Swallow
143 Yellow-legged Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment