Thursday 23 April 2009

Ring Ouzel

So yesterday I decided to make a mad dash after work to see the Ring Ouzel reported by George Walthew at King's Dyke. Failing to find it made the hard 20km ride home even more difficult and I really regretted the attempted twitch.

This morning, just as I was leaving the house, I had a message from Mike to say he had found another one. This was at Caldecote. Within cycling range but it would be another hard ride. I was there in about 40 minutes but couldn't see the bird immediately. I had to walk a little way up the field before I saw it feeding towards the top end so I rattled off a couple of record shots and retreated to start the long ride into work.

Coming in via Orton BP, CEGB reservoir and Fletton Lake netted me some more good sightings, the best being a male Goldeneye and my first Common Sandpiper of the year at CEGB.

Ring Ouzel Turdus torquatus

© Brian Stone Digiscoped with Canon A640 and Leica APO77 x20

119 Ring Ouzel
120 Common Sandpiper

No comments:

Post a Comment